Sid Meier's Pirates! (also known as Sid Meier's Pirates!: Live the Life) is a 2004 strategy, action, and adventure video game developed by Firaxis Games and published by Atari, and later on 2K Games. The game is a remake of Sid Meier's earlier 1987 game, also named Sid Meier's Pirates!. Overall, the gameplay remains similar to the original game, though it features a 3D game engine (NDL's Gamebryo). Some elements such as sun sighting have been removed, but other features have been added, such as a ballroom dancing mini-game and an improved turn-based land combat system.
The Microsoft Windows version of Pirates! was released on November 22, 2004, is also available through the online GameTap video game service. The Xbox version was released on July 11, 2005, and includes some multiplayer capabilities. The Xbox version was re-released on the Xbox Live Marketplace for the Xbox 360 as an Xbox Original on February 11, 2008, as the Xbox version is on the Xbox 360 backward compatibility list in North America and Europe. A version for the PlayStation Portable was released on January 22, 2007; this new version features some modified gameplay mechanisms, and was developed by Full Fat in collaboration with Firaxis Games. The Mac OS X version of the game was released in August 2008 by Feral Interactive. The Wii version was released on September 28, 2010.
A mobile version has been released by Oasys Mobile. The iPad version of the game was released on July 21, 2011. On April 20, 2012, a version for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch was released, published by 2K Games. In addition, the game was ported over to the Windows Phone platform in early April 2012.
There is an Easter egg which turns the game's dialogue to stereotypical pirate talk on International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
Screenshots from the game Sid Meier's Pirates!: Live The Life
System requirements Sid Meier's Pirates!: Live The Life for Mac Os:
- Operating System Mac OS X 10.5;
- PowerPC processor, Intel 1.4 GHz;
- 512 MB of RAM;
- Video adapter with 64 MB of memory;
- 1.4 GB of free hard disk space.
- Mount Sid Meier's Pirates! Live the Life Trimmed .dmg;
- Throw the Sid Meier's Pirates icon to the Applications folder;
- Mount NewCrack UB .dmg by clicking Agree;
- Click on the Sid Meiers Pirates icon! 1.0 UBCrack 2 times;
- Enter the password, click Continue, install;
- Select the Applications folder, click Open;
- Click Quit;
- Launch Sid Meier's Pirates !;
- Click OK in the Cracked By Blade Corporation window;
- Click Play