Batman: Arkham City free Mac Game
Developer: Rocksteady Studios
Release date: 2011
Version: 1.2.1 + Full Game
Publication Type: License
Interface language: Russian, English, MULTI
Voice Language: English, MULTI
Tablet: Not required
Batman: Arkham City is a 2011 action-adventure game developed by Rocksteady Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Based on the DC Comics superhero Batman, it is the sequel to the 2009 video game Batman: Arkham Asylum and the second installment in the Batman: Arkham series. Written by veteran Batman writer Paul Dini with Paul Crocker and Sefton Hill, Arkham City was inspired by the long-running comic book mythos. In the game's main storyline, Batman is incarcerated in Arkham City, a super-prison enclosing the decaying urban slums of fictional Gotham City. He must uncover the secret behind a sinister scheme orchestrated by the facility's warden, Hugo Strange. The game's leading characters are predominantly voiced by actors from the DC Animated Universe, with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reprising their roles as Batman and the Joker, respectively.
The game is presented from the third-person perspective with a primary focus on Batman's combat and stealth abilities, detective skills, and gadgets that can be used in both combat and exploration. Batman can freely move around the Arkham City prison, interacting with characters and undertaking missions, and unlocking new areas by progressing through the main story or obtaining new equipment. The player is able to complete side missions away from the main story to unlock additional content and collectible items. Arkham City gives Batman the new ability to glide using his cape, enabling him to cover greater distances than were possible in Arkham Asylum. Batman's ally Catwoman is another playable character, featuring her own story campaign that runs parallel to the game's main plot.
Rocksteady conceived ideas for a sequel while developing Arkham Asylum, commencing serious development of Arkham City's story in February 2009. The layout of Arkham City has a virtual footprint five times that of Arkham Asylum, and the city design was modified to accommodate Batman's ability to swoop and glide. Over a year and $10 million were spent on the game's marketing campaign, and its release was accompanied by two music albums; one containing the game's score, and the other featuring 11 original songs inspired by the game from various mainstream artists.
Screenshots from the game Batman: Arkham City
System requirements Batman: Arkham City for Mac Os:
- OS: macOS 10.14 (works on macOS 10.15 Catalina) if it freezes, run: / Applications / Batman Arkham City GOTY.app/Contents/MacOS/Batman Arkham City GOTY
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics: 512 MB Intel HD4000, 512 MB Nvidia 640M, 2 GB AMD Radeon R9 M290
- Hard Drive: 16 GB
- Open the image, move "Batman: Arkham City GOTY.app" to the "Applications" folder.
- If the game freezes when starting from Launchpad, then launch through Finder: / Applications / Batman Arkham City GOTY.app/Contents/MacOS/Batman Arkham City GOTY
- Forced change of language: Right-click on "Batman: Arkham City GOTY.app"> "Show Package Contents", Follow the path / Contents / Resources /, Open "steam_language" with a text editor and change: en -> English (default), fr -> French, de -> German, it -> Italian, pl -> Polish, ru -> Russian, es -> Spanish, pt -> Brazilian Portuguese