The Whispered World free Mac Game
Developer: Daedalic Entertainment
Release date: 2014
Version: 3.2.0419 + Full Game
Publication Type: License
Interface language: English, Russian, MULTI
Voice Language: English, Russian, MULTI
Tablet: Not required (DRM-free)
The Whispered World is a point-and-click adventure game for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. It is designed by Marco Hüllen, developed by Daedalic Entertainment, and published by Deep Silver in Europe and by Viva Media in the United States. The four-act game takes place in a fantasy world and features a melancholy twelve-year-old clown as its hero. The graphics are 2D and are all hand-drawn and animated. As of September 2010, the game has a cumulative score of 70/100 and 71% on Metacritic and GameRankings respectively.
The game is made using the Visionaire Studio engine. The game features a 2D scrolling viewport with parallax layers. The game is almost exclusively controlled by mouse. The player holds the left mouse button over objects or characters to bring up an interaction menu with "look", "talk", and "use" options. The player may hold the space bar to have the interactive portions of the world, such as objects, highlighted. This shows differently coloured indicators for objects, characters, and travel points.
Sadwick is accompanied by his pet caterpillar Spot who may perform certain actions. Spot can transform into several different forms useful for solving various puzzles. The forms are unlocked as the player progresses through the game.
The game also features an inventory screen accessed by the right mouse button. Objects gathered from the world are stored in Sadwick's backpack. He may then use them in the world or combine them with other items.
The game takes place in Silentia, a dream fantasy world, that is the home of a young, sad circus clown named Sadwick. The story starts as he wakes up in his travelling circus trailer after having experienced a recurring nightmare, where he sees the world falling apart.
Screenshots from the game The Whispered World
System requirements The Whispered World for Mac Os:
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.0 or higher
- Processor: Intel 2 GHz (Dual Core)
- RAM: 1 GB RAM
- Video Card: 256 MB OpenGL 2.0-compatible with Shader Model 2.0 Support (Shared Memory is not recommended)
- Sound Card: 16-bit
- Free hard disk space: 2 GB
- Mount the DMG image of the game using Disk Utility.
- Open the batch file the_whispered_world_special_edition_en_3_2_0419_16236.pkg by double-clicking on it.
- The application installation wizard launches, which performs all the necessary steps to correctly install the game. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once installation is complete, locate the game in the Applications folder and launch it.
- Succumb to the charm of a sad and unusually touching fairy tale.