Dragon Age II is an action role-playing video game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts (EA) for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and OS X. It is the second major game in the Dragon Age series and was released worldwide in March 2011. Set in the world of Thedas, introduced in Dragon Age: Origins, players assume the role of Hawke, a human mage, rogue, or warrior who arrives in the city of Kirkwall as a lowly refugee, and becomes its legendary champion over a turbulent decade of political and social conflict. In the game, players explore and engage in combat from a third-person perspective. Players encounter various companions, who play major roles in the game's plot and gameplay. Depending on players' decisions and dialogue, a companion will either recognize Hawke as a friend or a rival.
BioWare began the game's development during the production of Origins's expansion pack Awakening. EA gave them only 14 to 16 months to finish the game's development, thus forcing the team to crunch for an extended period and reuse assets. BioWare looked at players' feedback and reviews of Origins, and decided to improve its gameplay, making it more action-oriented. They improved the Eclipse Engine, renaming it Lycium, to enhance the game's visuals and lighting, and accommodate a new art style inspired by movies like Yojimbo and Conan. Both David Gaider and Inon Zur, who worked on Origins, returned and served as lead writer and composer respectively.
The game received generally positive reviews from critics. They praised its gameplay, companions and writing, though they had mixed feelings about the storytelling structure, and the diminished focus on tactics and strategy. Employing reused assets, and setting the game entirely in one city, were widely criticized. It received a more polarized response from players, though more than one million copies were sold in less than two weeks, a faster sales pace than its predecessor. A sequel, Dragon Age: Inquisition was released in November 2014.
Screenshots from the game Dragon Age II
System requirements Dragon Age II for Mac Os:
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard or greater
- CPU: 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, or greater
- RAM: 2 GB or greater
- HD: 9 GB of hard drive space required
- Video: ATI HD2600, NVIDIA 9400, or better graphics card with at least 256 MB of dedicated VRAM. On these video cards will not work: Intel GMA series NVIDIA 7x00 series AMD 1x00 series, AMD 2400
- Game key to install: 9WBK-8K66-P6SQ-JA6Q-BA9Q
- In Dragon Age II.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files / Dragon Age 2 / bin_ship, replace the DragonAge2.exe file with the one from the Crack folder.
- The subtitle language and menu are selected during installation; it is then impossible to change later.